On Mon, Jan 30, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Of course evolution can't 'see' intelligence either.  As you say
> selection can only be based on action.  But action takes emotion

OK I have no problem with that, but then Deep Blue had emotions way back in
1996 when it beat the best human Chess  player in the world because in the
course of that game Deep Blue performed actions, very intelligent actions
in fact. As I've said many times emotion is easy but intelligence is hard.

 John K Clark