On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2012/1/31 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

>> > ??????
>> >
>> > WTF ?
>>
>> Visual silence is easily represented. Why the superfluous light show?
>>

> Nothing is easily represented... why something ? Have you more stupid
> though to discuss in your pocket ?

I am debating with myself the matter of whether or not Craig is a troll.

He commits the cardinal sin of not being willing to learn the basic ideas
of a realm of discourse, before trying to demonstrate important results in
that realm. I tried talking to him a couple of times but he refused to meet
me halfway by understanding the real meaning of rigorous terms like
computation. He has surely spent enough time on this list to have at least
some grasp of, say, what COMP actually says, but he shows no evidence of
it. I can only chalk this up to laziness. Worse, much of his writing reads
like one of these generative postmodernist
essays<http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo/>.
I am tempted to give him the Baez treatment, but I don't want to fan the
flames.

>> --

> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Joseph Knight