On Jan 31, 2:52 pm, Terren Suydam <terren.suy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> The movie The Matrix is essentially about comp. What is it about that
> movie's premise that seems impossible to you?

It's possible to simulate a world for a person but it is not possible
to simulate the sense of being a person. I have no problem with full
sensory substitution, but I understand that there cannot be a
replacement for sense itself. Something real and physical ultimately
has to interpret anything to give it sense, otherwise it is non-sense.
A program is real in a mind, and real in software, but unless the
software is enacted literally on a physical machine or organism at the
bottom level, there is no reality.