On Jan 31, 1:33 pm, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The Limbic system predates the Neocortex evolutionarily.
>
> As I've said on this list many times.
>
> > > There is no reason to think that emotion emerged after intelligence.
>
> And as I've said emotion is about 500 million years old but Evolution found
> intelligence much harder to produce, it only figured out how to do it about
> a million years ago, perhaps less.

Do you have any examples of an intelligent organism which evolved
without emotion? The whole idea of evolution 'figuring out' anything
is not consistent with our understanding of natural selection. Natural
selection is not teleological. There is no figuring, only statistical
probabilities related to environmental conditions.

> > Evolution doesn't see anything.
>
> Don't be ridiculous.

I'm not. Statistics don't see things.

> > Which thoughtless fallacy should I choose? Oh right, I have no free will
> > anyhow so some reason will choose for me.
>
> Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means.
>
> > > You asked what influenced my theory. You don't see how Tesla relates to
> > lightning and electromagnetism?
>
> I made a Tesla Coil when I was 14, it was great fun looked great and really
> impressed the rubes, but I don't see the relevance to the subject at hand.

The subject was things that influenced my theory. Light, electricity,
and electromagnetism are significant influences.

> > That is exactly what the cosmos is - things happening for a reason and
> > not happening for a
> > reason at the same time.
>
> And you expect this sort of new age crapola to actually lead to something,

What do you think understanding is actually supposed to lead to?

> like a basic understanding of how the world works? Dream on. But then again
> it might work if you're right about logic not existing.

Logic exists, but it's not the only thing that exists.

> > Is there anyone noteworthy in the history of human progress who has not
> > been called insane?
>
> Richard Feynman.

http://inspirescience.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/richard-p-feynman1/

Richard P. Feynman – Crazy as he is Genius

"He didn’t do things through conventional or traditional means, but
rather was eccentric, crazy, and went against the norms of society. He
was an explorer of the deepest nature. He adopted at a young age the
philosophy that you should never care what other people think, because
everyone else is most likely wrong."

    "When I see equations, I see the letters in colors – I don't know
why. As I'm talking, I see vague pictures of Bessel functions from
Jahnke and Emde's book, with light-tan j's, slightly violet-bluish
n's, and dark brown x's flying around. And I wonder what the hell it
must look like to the students." - Richard Feynman.

Craig