On Feb 2, 4:33 pm, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you have any examples of an intelligent organism which evolved without
> > emotion?
>
> Intelligence is not possible without emotion,

That's what I'm saying. Are you suddenly switching to my argument?

> but emotion is possible
> without intelligence.

Of course.

> And I was surprised you asked me for a example of a
> emotional organism with or without intelligence, how in the world could I
> do that?  You refuse to accept behavior as evidence for emotion or even for
> intelligence, so I can't  tell if anyone or anything is emotional or
> intelligent in the entire universe except for me.

But you can tell if something seems like it is.

> > > The whole idea of evolution 'figuring out' anything is not consistent
> > with our understanding of natural selection.
>
> It's a figure of speech.
>
> > > Natural selection is not teleological.
>
> A keen grasp of the obvious.

Sorry, I can't tell the difference here if you are using it as a
figure of speech or positing agency to evolution. Even using that as a
figure of speech suggests an exaggeration of the role of evolution in
the universe.

> > The subject was things that influenced my theory. Light, electricity, and
> > electromagnetism are significant influences.
>
> Electromagnetism significantly influences everything as do the other 3
> fundamental physical forces. Tell me something new.

If I yell out 'Tesla' and then get hit by lightning, is that not
associated strongly enough for you to be noticed?

> > > What do you think understanding is actually supposed to lead to?
>
> Your ideas lead to navel gazing not understanding.

And your ideas lead to...?