Russell,

> This is circular - temperature is usually defined in terms of
> entropy:
>
> T^{-1} = dS/dE

This is wrong. The temperature is defined according to the Zeroth Law. The Second Law just allows us to define the absolute temperature, but the temperature as such is defined independently from the entropy.

>> dependent. As far as I remember, you have used this term in
>> respect to informational capacity of some modern information
>> carrier and its number of physical states. I would suggest to stay
>> with this example as the definition of context dependent.
>> Otherwise, it does not make much sense.
>
> It makes just as much sense with Boltzmann-Gibbs entropy. Unless
> you're saying that is not connected with thermodynamics entropy..

Unfortunately I do not get your point. In the example, with the information carrier we have different numerical values for the information capacity on the carrier according to the producer and the values derived from the thermodynamic entropy.

I still do not understand what surface effects on the carrier has to do with this difference. Do you mean that if you consider surface effects you derive an exact equation that will connect the information capacity of the carrier with the thermodynamic entropy? If yes, could you please give such an equation?

Evgenii