On Feb 11, 8:04 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/11 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> > All computers are as dumb as anything could be. Any computer will run
> > the same loop over and over forever if you program them to do that.
> It's not because you can program's them to being slavingly dumb to do a
> thing *that's the only thing they can do*, that's a "program" mean.

That's what being dumb is - not being able to figure out how to do
anything else than what you already do. Intelligence is the ability to
make sense of any given context and to potentially transcend it, which
is why it can't be programmed or simulated (but it can be imitated
trivially for specific functions). If it weren't that way we would not
be having this discussion. Machines would exhibit creativity and
versatility and would be widely considered identical to animal and
human life.