In my mind, autopoeitic cognitive systems (advanced enough to use
symbols to do cognition) do not have a symbol grounding problem. In
these organizationally-closed systems, symbols can only be grounded in
internal patterns - patterns that emerge from the way the world
perturbs its boundaries. As far as I know the only examples of
autopoeitic cognitive systems capable of symbol manipulation are
higher animals... nothing artificial yet.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Stephen P. King <> wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>    Great post! Check this out!
> Onward!
> Stephen