On 01 Mar 2012, at 18:06, meekerdb wrote:

On 3/1/2012 3:07 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Not at all. This is a Abrahamic axiom. There are other theories. Why do you choose the Abrahamic theories? The neoplatonists were infinitely more cautious on all this.

It's not only an Abrahamic definition. There were thousands of gods before Abraham and they were all beings.

But John (Clark)'s point were rather typical of the Abrahamic God. Of course, and that's gives milk to my point, there were many notions of God(s) already before the appearance of the Abrahamic religion. To be sure I am not sure of how much they have influenced each other, and how they have influenced Pythagorus (who seemed to have been a great traveller) and Plato.
God is as old as humans, and perhaps animals have a notion too.
With comp, all correct machine, making very elementary inductive inferences, becomes mystical (and thus theological), because they discover "inner transcendental intuition" (like all the proper non provable propositional modal truth: Z1* minus Z1, X1* minus X1, G* minus G, etc.). Theology and science both comes from the (unconscious at first) understanding of the difference between proof or belief and truth.

Did you not like my suggestion of "aletheology", from "aletheia"?

Ah, well, but er... no thank you.

Only liars refers so directly to truth (the pravda affect).

Then, people will confuse it with Alethiology, the study of the nature of truth, or the many theory of truth, which only becomes "machine's theology", in the comp framework. So aletheology and alethiology would concern only the first hypostase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alethiology

Machine's theology is really a big thing, it is a theory of
1) the three greek gods, if we accept the arithmetical lexicon (which makes intuitive sense once we bet we are machine)
2) the two matters, sensible and intelligible.
It concerns the relation between truth and its "creatures" (the numbers and their relations). It is a (meta) theory putting all other sciences into perspective. It is the term used by the Greeks for "theory of everything", from gravitation to love, from quarks to gods, from consciousness to matter, from hell to heaven.

Then, I prefer to use the simple word that everybody can understand. A theology, when applied, ask for an act of faith. If I use another term, I am lying. Comp *is* a belief in a form of reincarnation (first local and material, then immaterial).

The use of the term "theology" prevents also the frequent (self- proclaiming) atheists' critic on that kind of work (the mind-body problem): "that's theology". Because, it is not a critics, it is a fact. It concerns all the themes studied in "theology", the existence of the soul, the immortality of the soul, the nature of the physical, the math of the afterlife, the cosmogonies, ... everything.

But thanks again, for the try :)