On 2/27/2012 11:56 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
You can make matter behave in any way relatively to virtual reality that you are building, but the 3-creature, relative to you, will be able to deduce from their observation that they are in a simulated reality, by comparing what they can measure with what can relatively emerge from *all* computations.

That sounds good but its implementation is problematic. What can relatively emerge from all computations is not something we can know if your theory if correct. And if what can emerge is essentially anything (which I think is likely) then no observation can falsify the theory.