On 19 Jun 2012, at 16:55, meekerdb wrote:

On 6/19/2012 12:50 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Is this the "meaning which with some approach to unanimity they have expounded at considerable length." It doesn't sound unanimous with with any theologians I've read.

This might be because you confine yourself to christian theologians.

You're saying that because I only read one kind of theologian I don't see the unanimity that I would if I read different theologians??

Have you read Aldous Huxley "Philosophia perennis". There might be a silencious unanimity because God has no Name, and it might go without saying.

I read a long time ago a book ("La malle de Newton") which confirms Newton neo-platonic tendencies. Keep in mind that neo-platonist have to hide their idea since Rome, and still today.

Because they are persecuted?? Or because they have not been able to provide any useful results?

They have inspired research, and the search for truth.

Theology comes from the Platonic idea that what we see, observe and measure, is not the whole of reality, but the christians came back with the strong emphasis on the material nature of the creation, and the oversimplication and personification of the "creator".

Hardly a Christian invention, since they borrowed it from the Jews whose Yaweh was one of many tribal war gods.

You are right, the Christians took the Jewish Legend and the Greek Theory, but unfortunately they got the authoritarian virus. The greek were divided between WYSIWYG or NOT WYSIWYG. The questions remain. Well, in the comp theory is it clearly NOT WYSIWYG. Things run deeper.