On 7/13/2012 11:07 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 7/13/2012 10:30 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

The field does exist. You may want for example to read Newton. He
was a fan of theology.

Newton on theology is one of the things I would least like to read.

Why? Presumably there were questions that he had found important. It might be interesting to understand what questions touched him and what has happened with these questions at present.

One of the questions was whether the godhead was one or three (whatever that means). The question was settled for a time by persecuting those of opposite opinion. I think now opposite views are held by divided camps, like the Big Endians and the Little Endians.

In general, I believe that the best approach would be a historical one. This way one would understand better the subject matter of theology.

That's like saying it is best to take a historical approach to witchcraft. It's best because there is no empirical approach and there is no empirical approach because there are no witches.