On 7/18/2012 3:52 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Not for the atheists nearby. They vindicate that the believe that there is no God.

You need to distinguish what you mean by "God". When written capitalized as a proper noun it refers to a person/being who created the world and wants to be obeyed and worshiped, i.e. the god of theism.

What you describe is simply agnosticism. I know in the US that some atheists includes the agnostic in their camp, but it makes the position confusing.

No, what is confusing is your redefining "God" to mean whatever is fundamental - a theological move made popular by Paul Tillich. "Agnostic" means inability to know. It is the position of those who claim that it is impossible to know whether God exists or not. So technically I am both an agnostic (since I allow that it is possible that some deist-like god might exist in an unknowable way) and an atheist (because I am reasonably confident that no theist God exists). But I usually tell people I'm and atheist, because if I tell them I'm an agnostic they assume that I am agnostic about their theist god and they proceed to try to convert me.