On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  My usual stance: I am not an atheist because an atheist needs (a -
> more?) god(s) to deny. - "god" is a word still looking to be identified.

I disagree. Except for those who fall in love with a word but don't like
what the word represents the meaning of "God" is clear; it's also silly but
that's another story. So unlike "free will" when most people say "God" I
know what they're talking about, the only exception is when philosophers
say "God" and then even they don't know what they're talking about. So I
can say I don't believe in God but I can't say I don't believe in free will
because I don't know what it is I'm not supposed to believe in.

  John K Clark