On 8/10/2012 5:24 AM, Roger wrote:
Hi Bruno Marchal
Rationality isn't a very useful function. I only use it when I get in trouble.
I don't need it to drive my car or do practically anything.

Ben Franklin found rationality very useful.

I don't have more than a scanty definition of my ladyfriend,  and
    only she knows if this is correct, but I can still talk to her.

Only because you assume a definition must be in words. You actually have an excellent ostensive definition of her. An ostensive definitions are how, facilitated by the evolutionary design of your brain, you learned the meaning of the words you use in verbal definitions.

Brent
So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable Creature, since it
enables one to find or make a Reason for every thing one has a
mind to do.
      --- Benjamin Franklin, Autobiographical Writings 1791