Hi Alberto G. Corona

Amen. Well said.

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/11/2012
From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-10, 10:23:24
Subject: Re: Libet's experimental result re-evaluated!

The modern positivist conception of free will has no
scientific meaning. But all modern rephasings of old philosophy are
degraded. Positivist philosophy pass everithing down to what-we-know-by-science
of the physical level, that is the only kind of substance that they
admit. this "what-we-know-by-science" makes positivism a moving ground, a kind
of dictatorial cartesian blindness which states the kind of questions
one is permitted at a certain time to ask or not.

Classical conceptions of free will were concerned with the
option ot thinking and acting morally or not, that is to have the capability to
deliberate about the god or bad that a certain act implies for oneself
and for others, and to act for god or for bad with this knowledge.
Roughly speaking, Men
have such faculties unless in slavery. Animals do not. The interesting
parts are in the details of these statements. An yes, they are
questions that can be expressed in more "scientific" terms. This can
be seen in the evolutionary study of moral and law under multilevel
selection theory:

https://www.google.es/search?q=multilevel+selection&sugexp=chrome,mod=11&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

which gives a positivistic support for moral, and a precise,
materialistic notion of good and bad. And thus suddenly these three
concepts must be sanctioned as legitimate objects of study by the
positivistic dictators, without being burnt alive to social death, out
of the peer-reviewed scientific magazines, where sacred words of
Modernity resides.

We are witnessing this "devolution" since slowly all the old
philosophical and theological concepts will recover their legitimacy,
and all their old problems will stand as problems here and now. For
example, we will discover that what we call Mind is nothing but the
old concepts of Soul and Spirit.

Concerning the degraded positivistic notion of free will, I said
before that under an extended notion of evolution it is nor possible
to ascertain if either the matter evolved the mind or if the mind
selected the matter. So it could be said that the degraded question is
meaningless and of course, non interesting.