On 10 Aug 2012, at 20:05, meekerdb wrote:

We are witnessing this "devolution" since slowly all the old
philosophical and theological concepts will recover their legitimacy,
and all their old problems will stand as problems here and now. For
example, we will discover that what we call Mind is nothing but the
old concepts of Soul and Spirit.

After stripping "soul" of it's immortality and acausal relation to physics.

Comp makes the soul immortal, and it makes the physical reality a somehow derivative of soul + arithmetic. The soul here can be defined by the first person notion, or the owner of the memory/diary, etc. How many souls are there is an open question (in the comp theory), and depends on identity criteria, unlike what is derived from comp up to now.

Bruno

Concerning the degraded positivistic notion of free will, I said
before that under an extended notion of evolution  it is nor possible
to ascertain if either the matter evolved the mind or if the mind
selected the matter. So it could be said that the degraded question is
meaningless and of course, non interesting.

But the question of their relationship is still interesting.