On 12.08.2012 11:38 Russell Standish said the following:
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:05:20AM +0200, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

However, without such a measure, a statement that life is mostly
unintelligent is ill-defined.

Informal perhaps, but hardly ill-defined. Much the same could be said
about the concept life.

In general, if we assume inexorable physicals laws, for example the
M-theory from Grad Design, then it is unclear to me what the meaning
of the next statement could be:

"The behavior of this conglomerate of particles and fields is more
intelligent than of that conglomerate of particle and fields."

That is because you are looking at it at the wrong level. You need to
take into account emergence.

Let us take Game of Life. I believe that you have used it once as an example of what emergence is. Suppose there are some complex conglomerates emerge in Game of Life. How one could compare, which a conglomerate is more intelligent?

Evgenii