On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>wrote:

> But he[me] agrees and even proposes a compatibilist definition [of free
>> will]
>>

> > I'll let him speak to that, but its not the impression I get.

All I said was that the only definition of "free will" that is not
gibberish is the inability to always know what you will do next even in a
unchanging environment, the meaning is clear and its not self
contradictory. I also said my definition was rarely used by anybody, is
intellectually shallow, and has zero value; but even so that makes it
vastly superior to any other definition of that two word phrase.

  John K Clark