It is explained by Donald Symons in "the evolutioon of human sexuality" :
if everithing is cultural. Any mutant line of humans with some inmunity to
social imprinted things will refine their innate self , generation after
generation, to manipulate others for its own benefit by subverting the
social norms.  At the end no blank slate individual would remain.  We try
to manipulate and not being manipulated. There are norms that we may accept
an even enforce for others but not for ourselves in a sinncere and
effective way. Even we may intellectually accept that certain norms are
good for ourselves too but out egoistic innate self force us to act
otherwise.  It would be no differencee between is and ought otherwise.