Until the middle of your message i though that this was in other of my
lists, the haskell list haskell-c...@haskell.org.

Haskell is a language that uses "monads" . But in tis case, the concept is
borrowed from category theory. But the categorists probably borrowed it
from Leibniz .

Each monad defines a different kind of computation and they may be
connected. The mother of all monads, which defines the main trunk of
execution is the Input-Output Monad. It may be a microcosmos in a program
of what Leibnitz envisioned for the whole universe ;)