On 8/21/2012 11:02 AM, John Mikes wrote:
Dear Roger,
(re: Brent's post below) Brent wrote it superbly. You, with your immense educational thesaurus (lit, thinking, writing skills etc.) 'occupied' this list now for some weeks in the controversy by a (I wish I had a better distinction) religious(?) faith-based mindset vs. the well established and decades-long working ensemble of the list - on other grounds. The participants on this list are strong minds and well established, you have little chance to convert them - although some of us linger into close-to-religious belief systems, which may be a definitional problem (e.g. Bruno's theology and god, etc.). You could be more accepted and happier on another list where the majority is closer to your own belief system. YET: Maybe you do seek controversy? I could understand that, but your posting fervor is taking over our list. Have mercy!
Please, consider this a friendly remark.
John Mikes

Dear John,

I think that is is sometimes a good thing to have use shaken out of our doldrums! I like Roger's contributions! They have already helped be make some great advances in my own work. ;-)