Hi John,

I have well functioning delete and spam filter buttons that I can use if things get out of hand on my end. ;-)

On 8/22/2012 3:23 PM, John Mikes wrote:
Stephen, my stance as well on (even controversial) argumentation. HOWEVER (isn't one everywhere?) the 'advancement' one achieves by certain explanations might 'color' one's own ideas into shades unwanted. If you read a well formulated argument it inevitably sticks in your mind and later is hard to separate. A reason why most religious people cannot accept logical (scientific) refutation and fall back into old meme superstition. I appreciate Roger's knowledgeability in ancient (mostly idealistic) theories but his fundamental color is biblical FAITH. I know him from another (nonreligious) list, where I asked the moderator to curtail the amount of those overwhelmingly religious postings - and he did. Roger is still on, but hiding some of his true colors (mostly). (A reason why I refrained from responding to his posts. I want to keep friendly to that other list, too.) You are absolutely right about the topical invigorating by the deluge of posts - add to it that Roger starts from a one-sided position only. Most discussions on the Everything list are also one-sided, but as in the past - from ANOTHER side. (Bruno is close to faithfulness, not a formal religion though, but his mind-body is close to a 'soul' belief.) I used to be a Catholic, then reincarnationalistic (Ouija-board fan), now I can't include into my ongoing worldview /(agnosticism, based on the 'infinite complexity', - to us unknowable in toto)/ WHAT may remain after death of our (human? with trillion microbial biomes) complexity that is destroyed - reshaped */AS a memory of ourselves/*. Which part would 'remember' and 'respond' to a destroyed complexity (us) after "we are gone"? - Surviving parts MAY connect to different complexities and 'live'(?) as such.
It is a pity that Adam and Eve are not 'real'.
And do not forget my distinction for the physical world (as we pretend to know it): *a figment of _yesterday's_ stance*.
Leibnitz etc.? I respect those oldies of those (their) times.
Best to you
John