From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-23, 12:59:19
Subject: Re: NewsFlash: Monadic weather today will be cloudy
withachanceofthunderstorms

Hi Roger,

    What is this quote from? It is interesting! I don't quite agree with it, as
the centers are not all that a monad must include for its definition...

On 8/23/2012 10:29 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

" Leibniz propounds a pluralistic metaphysical idealism by reducing the reality
of the universe to
centres of force, which are all ultimately spiritual in their nature. Every
centre of force is a substance,
an individual, and is different from other centres of force. Such centres of
force, Leibniz calls monads.
These forces are unextended, not subject to division in space. None, excepting,
of course, God, can
destroy these monads, and so they are considered to be immortal in essence.
Though quantitatively, the monads a.."

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
8/23/2012
could function."