Hi Roger,

OK, but I am a bit partial toward descriptions that allow for something approximating a mathematical description, if only to make them more intelligible in technical communications. The Swami's discussion is more theological than anything else.

On 8/23/2012 1:18 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
It's from
http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/com/com_leib.html
and was just the first link that came up in Google.
Just Google on
monad
and a whole set of other links will pop up.
Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
8/23/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."

    *From:* Stephen P. King <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-08-23, 12:59:19
    *Subject:* Re: NewsFlash: Monadic weather today will be cloudy
    withachanceofthunderstorms

    Hi Roger,

        What is this quote from? It is interesting! I don't quite
    agree with it, as the centers are not all that a monad must
    include for its definition...

    On 8/23/2012 10:29 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
    Hi Stephen P. King
    " Leibniz propounds a pluralistic metaphysical idealism by
    reducing the reality of the universe to
    centres of /force,/ which are all ultimately spiritual in their
    nature. Every centre of force is a substance,
    an individual, and is different from other centres of force. Such
    centres of force, Leibniz calls monads.
    These forces are unextended, not subject to division in space.
    None, excepting, of course, God, can
    destroy these monads, and so they are considered to be immortal
    in essence. Though quantitatively, the monads a.."

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon