On 23.08.2012 21:33 John Clark said the following:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

Do computers have intuition ?

Certainly. The self driving cars that the people at Google and others have
had so much success with lately wouldn't work without intuition; the car's
memory banks are filled with statistical laws and rules of thumb to figure
out the best path to get from point X to point Y.  We know it's intuition
and not rigid logic because sometimes, just like with humans, the
computer's intuition is wrong, and sometimes, just like with humans, they
end up in a ditch.

   John K Clark

Recently I have listened to the Introduction to AI by Standford University and the development of a self driving car was a part of this course. Could you please tell me what an algorithm in a self-driving car is responsible for intuition?

Evgenii
--
http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2011/12/self-driving-cars.html