On 8/22/2012 1:38 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi John Clark
Do computers have intuition ?
I believe that intuition is necessary to solve a puzzle or
prove a mathematical or logical stratement. To produce
something new or previously unknown.
Intuiition may be like inference, a form of synthetic thinking,
versus analytic thinking. Only synthesis can produce something new.
Personally, I wonder if it wasn't intuition that Penrose
had in mind when he  suggested that in solving problems we
sometimes pop pour heads into the platonic realm (my words).

Intuition is when a seemingly true proposition pops into your head and you aren't aware of any preceding thought process leading to it. According to you computers are never aware of anything, so everything they produce is intuition.