On 31 Aug 2012, at 14:30, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

At this moment of knowledge there is something that I thing everybody will agree:

1) the basic laws may be the same for computers and for minds, but in practical terms, the quantitative differences in well designed organization of the brain makes the mind qualitatively different from computers. They are not autonomous and probably will not be for a long time. We will not see it.

2) We feel ourselves as unique and qualitatively different from computers. At least in the non-professional moments where we are not being reflecting about it.

3) the reality that we perceive is created by the activity of the brain, the mind. So we can not ascertain the true nature of the external reality, neither talk properly about existence or non- existence in absolute terms, that is, in the external reality.

Thats the old dream argument. It is also the UDA step six, in modern digital rendering. A key point indeed.

4) Any reasoning start in a set of unproven beliefs, Wathever they are. Depending on the beliefs our actions are different. Are you robots? I can't know up to now. I believe it is not. But I believe that´s all. I believe, you believe everyone believe. To realize that we believe in many unproven things is the first step in the self knowledge and in the respect of others, because not only we don´t know but probably we can´t ever know, but we need beliefs to take decissions, that is, to live.

That is why I insist that people gives their axioms, or theories. Then we can do science instead of asserting public truth, which is, in my opinion, bad philosophy, as indeed we cannot know any public truth. Is there a moon? That is an hypothesis. Nobody has given a proof of the absolute existence of the moon.

Bruno