causality exist in the world of the mind, not in the external world.

In a block universe where the universe is a mathematical manifold,
where time is embedded, and thus has nothing but a local meaning,
causality also has no meaning, except for the living being that go
along a line of maximum gradient of entropy and feel itself at each
point of this line as going trough time.

Natural selection is not causal, it chooses  gene sequences form the
pool of available mutations whose phenothypic results produce good
outcomes. It select the genetic sequence that open the mouth of the
fish after seeing the prey, others sequences are not selected, but at
a psychological level it seems causal (the fish open the mouth
because'`it see the prey).

Thus, causality in the psychological sense exist, so it exist for
social life, moral, law, personal responsibility etc.

 In mathematical  terms, in a block universe out of time where there
is not a privileged direction of event production, this has no
meaning.

 In a physical term,  microscopical laws are reversible and causality
can be inverted. Even the events can be looked at laterally as if time
progressed perpendicular to the usual direction of time.

Macroscopical laws seem causal because they use time, but time is a
product of the way we observe the world as living beings, in the
direction of entropy increase, so the macroscopic laws are valid IF
the premise of observation from a maximum gradient of entropy
direction holds. It is amazing to remember that the gas laws, the
Archimedes principle, the chemical laws etc are statistical and
probability laws which are true because the second principle of
thermodynamic holds, but this principle holds only along the direction
of the living beings which observe them.