On Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:31:25 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>  On 9/5/2012 11:37 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:11:39 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:
>>  Hi Craig Weinberg
>> Exactly.  There may a problem with this, but its seems
>> that if mind is everywhere (is inextended, so space is irrelevant),
>> I am always part of the mind of God. So saying that-  when I look out
>> of my eyes, that is actually God looking out- which sounds
>> of course weird. Or that there is only one perceiver, that being
>> the Supreme Monad, is not illogical.
> I don't think that it sounds any weirder to say that then to say that when
> we look out of our eyes, we can see is the dust from the Big Bang. We are
> the totality-singularity (Supreme Monad or everythingness, etc) subdivided
> as reflected capacities to experience. The universe is nothing but a
> capacity to experience and to juxtapose that capacity with itself (which is
> what experience actually is).
> Craig
> Dear Craig,
>     I would only add to your illuminating remark that this "capacity" is
> to both self-observe and other-observe.

> Observation, IMHO, is nothing more that the ability to generate a
> simulation. Only when there is a match between the simulations of multiple
> "reflected capacities to experience" that truth obtains.

I wouldn't call it a simulation as much as a perspective-defined access. We
actually see things directly, but what we can see is defined by what we are
and in our case, what we are is very complex with many opportunities for
contention between levels and self-other symmetries.

I think it is relativity. Just as proximity of a black hole changes actual
temporal participation rather than simulates a change, our experience of
our life actually changes through direct participation with it. Instead of
simulation I would call it local identity or local realism, since there is
no non-local identity or global realism.