On 16.09.2012 18:29 Stephen P. King said the following:
On 9/16/2012 8:55 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King I ALSO THINK WE SHOULD LOOK INTO THORIUM
REACTORS  BUT THERE ARE MANY DOUBTERS (CERTAINLY GREENIES AMONG
THEM) THAT THEY WOULD WORK. Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
<mailto:rclo...@verizon.net> 9/16/2012 Leibniz would say, "If
there's no God, we'd have to invent him so that everything could
function."
Hi Roger,

I agree. It is obvious that the "greenies" are just the new
incarnations of Luddites. It is amazing that they have the temerity
to wish all of us into a Stone Age existence while they sit on their
 pillows of comfort and pontificate to us how we need to "save the
Earth". They just want us to accept the serfdom that they wish to
impose upon us.

If you look at Germany, you see that you are not quite right. It is better to see this, as usually, a fight for resources between different interest groups, in this case for example an atomic lobby vs. a wind power lobby. Yet, it is hard to refer to the wind power lobby as Luddites. It brings many new and interesting scientific question with, for example look at Smart Grids.

Evgenii
--
http://blog.rudnyi.ru