On 9/19/2012 10:41 AM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
Still, most musicians talk about experiences and inspirations... but this is marketing. When you're working in/with an orchestra on a tight schedule with multiple stakeholders, you see all the romantic fluff evaporating in favor of getting the technique of musical ecstasy as mathematically precise as possible. Even if many musicians won't admit this, because of marketing and "aura" of music.

And doesn't this imply that one could write a computer program to compose music to certain emotive specifications?

Brent

I am not saying arithmetic = music; I have no idea about that, just that the two can't do without each other.

:) Back to my herd.