On 9/19/2012 2:11 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:27:13 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

    Hi Richard Ruquist

    Obeying the commandments will not get you into heaven,
    only believing in Christ's sacrifice for us will do that.
    <http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en>

What kind of a sacrifice is that? "I'm going to do you the biggest favor you can imagine, but if you don't believe in it, then my favor is worthless and makes anything good that you have ever done in your life a complete waste of time".

If I were Satan, I would write the Bible exactly as it is, full of horrific promises and threats that can be interpreted in many ways. It's pretty much like dropping candy colored hand grenades onto a school playground. The grenades would say "if anyone tries to take this away from you, then they deserve whatever happens to them".

But I'm curious; as a member of the EVERYTHING-list, don't you believe that there's a world where the Bible is essentially accurate (modulo direct contradictions)?

Brent
"Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast"
         --- Mark Twain