From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-16, 13:41:07
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 , Roger Clough  wrote:

> God loved the Israelites and hated their enemies.

Well that hardly seems fair, and God hated a hell of a lot more of His
creations than he loved.

>? God did heap down fire and brimstone on the enemies of his people.

I understand that, what I don't understand is why we should love such a
monster.

> God and Jesus are two different people, although paradoxically both are parts
> of the trinity.

Doesn't it ever bother you that you believe very deeply in something that you
know to be paradoxical and do so for no other reason than that's what you were
told as a child? Does it ever bother you that the only reason they told you
that is that they themselves were told that when they were children??

> Jesus' bark was much worse than his bite.

In other words Jesus was a damn liar telling disgusting and terrifying tails to
His children for no other reason than to get them to do what He wanted them to
do. And That's exactly the same reason Bernie Madoff told lies.

> He was angry at sinners and sin, as you might expect him to be.

No, that's not what I'd expect an all loving all knowing omnipotent being to
do!

> But He died for them -- and us as well --?t Golgotha.

So God arranged things so that we would torture Him to death because then He
could forgive us for eating a apple. You really have to teach that to children
when they are very very young, if you waited till they're 17 they'd laugh in
your face. Jesus had infinite resources at his disposal and could have come off
that cross with a snap of His fingers, and I'm supposed to get all weepy over
Golgotha?? If He really wanted to show His love for us a cure for bone cancer
would be more appreciated than the stupid cross stunt.

? John K Clark

?
?
?