On Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:05:20 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:

> The perfect actor might believe it or he might just be acting. Acting
>> is top-down replacement, not bottom-up replacement. Bottom-up
>> replacement would involve replacing a part of your brain so that you
>> didn't notice any difference and no-one else noticed any difference.
>>

> Acting is an augmentation, not a replacement. It's a skill set. It
> involves a capacity to embody social expectations so that one's audience
> doesn't notice any difference. It's the same exact result from the third
> person view. An actor is a zombie being operated by a person.
>

> The idea is to replace parts so that there is no behavior difference
> *under any circumstance* - acting, as you've conceived it, is limited to a
> particular situation.

If you understand my thought experiment than you would realize that this is
the same thing. Just as a zombie arbitrarily asserts "no behavior
difference *under any circumstance*", my acting service does exactly the
same thing. It is a high technology simulation-prediction which augments
rather than replaces the existing nervous system. My concept of acting is
*specifically unlimited* and applies to all possible situations forever.
That's what makes it a thought experiment. You have to accept the premise
of the thought experiment or else explain why the premise is unworkable (as
I have done repeatedly with the zombie assumption).

Craig