On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>The difference is Evolution doesn't understand the concept of one step
>> backward 2 steps forward for one thing, I went into considerable more
>> detail about this in my last post and also gave you 4 more reasons how and
>> why intelligent design is different from random mutation and natural
>> selection.
>>

> > That is not what I am asking. You are describing ways that they are
> different, not explaining how it is possible for these differences to arise.

I don't understand the question because I'm not clear on what "these
differences" refers to.

> > Blue-green algae survives all over the world since the Pre-Cambrian Era.
> Survival is not complex. Acquire nutrients. Reproduce. The end.

Blue-green algae are astronomically complex compared to inorganic
chemicals, and they are beautifully adapted to fill one niche, but that's
not the only niche in the environment and the others can only be filled by
organisms that are even more complex than Blue-green algae.

> >But Evolution found that if it could wire together just a few cells it
>> could start to use a few inductive rules;
>>

> > This is pure metaphor.

Yes, many, perhaps most, of the most profound ideas in the universe are.

> Evolution doesn't 'find' anything. You are falsely attributing intention
> and analysis to an unconscious process.

It's poetic license, it just never occurred to me that somebody would be so
foolish as to think that I meant that random mutation and natural selection
was conscious and intended to do anything. And because I still think such
misunderstanding is extremely unlikely unless one wants very much to
misunderstand something and because I believe such informal language is
useful in talking about Evolution I intend to continue doing so.

> Evolution = The right things in the right places don't die. Nothing else.

And Darwin's genius was in finding how wonderful things can come from
something as simple as that. This is the last sentence in Darwin's 1859
book "The Origin of Species:

" There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having
been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst
this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from
so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have
been, and are being, evolved.”

> In just my last post I did a better job at explaining something than I've
>> ever seen you do.
>>

> > Congratulations, you have a very high opinion of yourself.

Thanks for the congratulations, and I do think that post was good, very
good, I wish you'd read it.

> I'm not the one saying that biological systems have qualities that
>>> inorganic systems cannot, you are.
>>>

>> I'm saying they do not, I'm not saying they cannot.
>>

> We agree then. I only say that there may very well be an important reason
> why they do not which cannot be accessed by existing theory.

There are indeed important reasons but they can be accessed by existing
evolutionary theory and I explained how in a previous post that you
correctly deduced I rather liked.

>>  if I was designed better I could reason better. Before long computers
>> will be designed better.
>>

> > By natural people who were designed by natural selection.

Before long one generation of computers will design the next more advanced
generation, and the process will accelerate exponentially.

> You aren't seeing my point that if human designers are nothing but
> evolved systems, then they must have the same limitations as evolution
> itself

That is nuts! If tools couldn't do something that people can't then there
would be no point in them making tools. And water vapor can't smash your
house but water vapor can make a tornado and a tornado can.

> I am saying that there is no reason for biology to exist in your
> worldview.

Biology doesn't have any cosmic purpose for existing, but there are reasons.

 John K Clark