On Monday, October 8, 2012 3:38:42 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:

>  On 10/8/2012 11:25 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> On Monday, October 8, 2012 2:19:56 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:
>>
>>  On 10/8/2012 10:24 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>
>>  So the more stimulation you get through your senses of the outside
>>> environment the less conscious you become. Huh?
>>>

>> Stimulation that you get thorough your senses of the outside environment
>> does not control you.
>>

>> How could you possibly know that, considering that John has accumulated
>> many years of stimulation?
>>

> Just look at the Conjoined Twins video I posted. Those two people are
> genetically identical, occupy the same body, experience stimulation that is
> very similar, yet they *routinely* disagree.
>

> Similar isn't the same.

But the behavior varies in similarity while their stimulation does not.
Clearly they are each controlling their own behavior separately, even
though the degree to which their stimulation from the outside world does
not vary separately. If the internal conditions were sufficient to allow
their control strategies to diverge, then they should not re-synchronize
again and again constantly. Each difference should build on each other,
like two slightly different fractal kernels wouldn't weave in and out of
perfect synch all the time, they would follow completely anomalous paths.
The fractals might look like the are exploring different patterns (if even
that) but it seems like they would not keep going back to isomorphic
patterns at the same time.

Craig