On 10/9/2012 8:01 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
In some sense they succeed enough the mirror test. That's enough for me to consider them, well, not just conscious, but as conscious as me, and you. The difference are only on domain competence, and intelligence (in which case it might be that octopus are more intelligent than us, as we are blinded by our competences).

At least they would be smart enough to have adopted base 8 numbering.