On 27 Oct 2012, at 06:12, John Clark wrote:

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> we know that nobody can answer the question "why do I feel to be the one in Washington and not in Moscow".

Because your eyes are sending signals to your brain of the White House and not of the Kremlin, and there is nothing more profound about it.

But the eyes of the copy get also the signals from Moscow. So your explanation does not help to predict what will happen if the experience is reitired. Or it does? It is not clear.

The correct comp explanation, deep or not, explains why we cannot make a better prediction than, in this case, using an uniform distribution.