Hi Roger,

Hope everything is fine with Sandy.

On 29 Oct 2012, at 20:21, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

I think you're right. Anyway, I've since decided that the numbers
have to be simply a priori. Like the pre-established (a priori) Harmony.

I am OK with this. Note that it is mysterious, but that mystery can be explained as being necessarily mysterious. We can't explain our intuition of numbers without using our intuition of numbers. It is an irreducible mystery, but then nobody doubt them, and they are a good starting point. Comp explains conceptually, and even quantitatively (but there are many open problems) how the coupling consciousness/ physical-reality appears from just the numbers (and the association of consciousness to *some* computation, but this can be eliminated in terms of statistics on first person relative memories).

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/29/2012

From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-29, 13:49:33
Subject: Re: A mirror of the universe.

On 29 Oct 2012, at 17:34, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

OK, let's suppose that the numbers can be considered as ideas
in the mind of the One or the Supreme monad, which
is the monad for the universe. Then the universe
would be the corporeal body. Or something like that.

Hmm... I don't think this can work. The supreme monads can only dream,
the physical universe is when many universal numbers shared their
dreams, in some manner. There is no ultimate corporeal body, at least
not in the 'usual' sense, as some collection of dreams might point on
something very similar.
It is complex to explain the picture from scratch. It is simpler to
get it by oneself by doing the reasoning. We will see. The supreme
monad, as you define it, is just the 'man', or the L?ian universal
machine (man is used in a very large but precise sense, it includes
plausibly the jumping spiders). You have 8 hypostases:

                              God
     Man Divine-Man
                              Soul

Intelligible matter Divine intelligible Matter
Sensible Matter Divine Sensible Matter

You supreme monad might be played by the Man or the Divine-Man, or
Divine-Intellect (it is Plato's No?).
Read some of my papers perhaps, but you might need to study a bit of
logic and computer science for this.