On 28 Oct 2012, at 23:31, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

I still haven't sorted the issue of numbers out.
I suppose I ought to do some research in my Leibniz books.

That's OK, but eventually you have to look inward, and see what you think. the solution is in your head, even if Leibniz can help you.

Aside from that, monads have to be attached to corporeal bodies,

Intensional numbers needs some universal numbers around to make sense. basically the extensional number is the corporeal bodies. They just take the usual shape, when the u number emerges from all computations, apparently.

and numbers aren't like that.

They are. You can say that a game of life pattern does not look like a number too, but this is just an appearance.

I find the following unsatisfactory,
but since numbers are like ideas, they can be
in the minds of individual homunculi in individual monads,
but that doesn't sound satisfactoriy to me.
Not universakl enough.

I don't get your point. I think you should study the theory of universal machine. I explain a bit of this on the FOAR list.

My best guess for now is that the supreme monad (the One) undoubtedly
somehow possesses the numbers.

The supreme monad might be played by the universal number, but is not the one (God, arithmetical truth). Universal numbers are more the Plotinus' man. They are sigma_1 complete. God, is sigma_i complete for all i.

Hurricane coming.

Be careful,

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net