Hi Bruno

Still waiting for the storm to shut things down.

Numbers are not discussed specifically as far as I can find yet,
in my books on Leibniz. Which probably means that
they are simply numbers, with no ontological status.
Sort of like space or time. Inextended and everywhere.

Numbers are definitely not monads, because no
corporeal  body is attached.  Although they can
whenever thought of appear in the minds of
particular men in the intellects of their monads.

Leibniz does refer to a proposed "universal"
language, which is simply everywhere
as well as possibly in each head.  Numbers would
no doubt be the same, both everywhere and
in individual minds at times.

So numbers are universal and can be treated
mathematically as always.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/29/2012