On 06 Nov 2012, at 16:57, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 11/6/2012 8:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 05 Nov 2012, at 16:17, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 11/5/2012 9:03 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Sirius was there before Paul was born.

That position is called realism.
Hi Roger,

  What makes you so sure? Realism assumes infallibility!

What ????

You confuse the truth that we might know, and the truth that we are searching.

Dear Bruno,

   Anticipation of truth is faith, not truth.

Right. But searching truth does not mean finding truth.

You might also confuse the 1-truth, and the 3-truth.

There can be no 3-truth that is not known (present tense) by some 1-p.

So your theory, whatever it is, assume 1p at the start. But then it contradicts the comp derived TOE.

And of course we disagree on this. I take the truth "43 is prime" as totally independent of the physical and the mental.

A statement like comp or just Church thesis makes no sense without admitting this.

I have no clue of any theory capable of explaining that 43 is prime from a theory of 1p. The theory of 1p can only be more complex. This is provably so with comp, but even more true, if I can say, with non- comp.