On 06 Nov 2012, at 03:42, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/5/2012 8:13 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:

Even with the Theaetetus’ definition of truth, which I find to be highly original and amazingly ingenious, we are still left without an explanation as to how the accidental coincidence of a Platonic Truth and an actual fact of the world occurs. Your idea reminds me of Spinoza and Whitehead's attempt at an Occasionalist explanation of mind-body interactions.

That's why most philosophers don't consider true belief to constitute knowledge. Gettier's paradox implies that something more is needed - usually a causal connection between the belief and the fact that makes it true.

A causal, or a deductive relation (which is already a form of "cause"). This was already answered by Theaetetus, when he get the true *justified* opinion.