Hi Roger,

If you have to quote Nietzsche enemies to make your ideological point, go
ahead. This tells its own story, I don't have to comment further on. The
Slave/Master thing boils down to something simpler than all this: do we
want to rule ourselves or be ruled? Platonism he attacks insofar, as he
points out that "too many, the herd, want to apparently be ruled" and do
not want to step up to empower themselves genuinely, or fear doing so. This
should not stop the affirmative spirit from reaching for more positive
notion of ethics and politics. But if we don't fight for this affirmation,
stand up to tyrannical ideas in an unbounded way, then we shouldn't scratch
our heads at why we will remain slaves.

Trivially, he speaks of honesty as recognizing power as the main currency
of human: let us not kid ourselves here, the people that run things will
continue to shape society's identity. To be able to affirm, we have to
struggle to reach the child's "holy yes", but to do so, he thinks it
inevitable that we've got to become Lions first. Whereby the Lion's "No!"
is but means to the child's eternal unbounded "yes" as an end, and in no
shape or form primary to him as your copied quote suggests. That's just
plain wrong. The "Yes" remains primary throughout, but we have dirty work
to do, is more accurate. And this grates with Platonism, in that he fears
it lacks "lion", to achieve the affirmation it pertains to stand for. A
"Yes-Person" without power is a slave to him. This makes people
uncomfortable even today, I guess.

This is no contradiction for me with Platonism; rather he updates its
affirmative quality and relativizes its "we don't know, so we won't move"
aspect; the donkey aspect of Platonism for him. Yes, he announces the
Dionysian affirmation that no negation can defile BUT in less primary terms
he denounces the affirmation of the platonist donkey who doesn't know how
to say "No!". Nietzsche doesn't attack "human reason in itself" as your
quote unwittingly states, he attacks blind faith in the reasoner: "go out
and dance a little, loose yourself, get a bit high, make some sweet love,
will ya, before you take yourself too seriously?" seems more accurate to
me, than this platitude of attacking reason, like some highschool punk, via
argument in transparent trivial contradiction. If the writer of the quote
makes Nietzsche out to be that stupid, I rest my case, that your quote is
ideological concerning Nietzsche, never having understood the kind of
reasoning I am pointing towards.

Cowboy, Jamaican Lion Style :)