On 11/8/2012 7:42 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

        On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:19:03 AM UTC-5, Stephen
        Paul King wrote:

    Hi Craig,

        Comp is not false, IMHO, it is just looked as through a very
    limited window. It's notion of truth is what occurs in the limit
    of an infinite number of mutually agreeing observers. 1+1=2 has no
    counter example in a world that is Boolean Representable, thus it
    is universally true. This does not imply that all mathematical
    truths are so simple to prove via a method of plurality of
    agreement. Motl wrote something on this today:
    http://motls.blogspot.com/2012/11/when-truths-dont-commute-inconsistent.htm

<http://motls.blogspot.com/2012/11/when-truths-dont-commute-inconsistent.htm>

Unfortunately that page seems to be gone?

Try again? http://motls.blogspot.com/2012/11/when-truths-dont-commute-inconsistent.html

I'm not saying that arithmetic isn't objectively true though, I'm saying that arithmetic comes from sense and not the other way around. The fact that geometry is arithmetically redundant I think supports that if not proves it. If comp were true, the universe would not and could not have any geometry.

    I agree. Mathematical objects supervene on minds plural (not a mind!).

Craig

    "When truths don't commute. Inconsistent histories.

    When the uncertainty principle is being presented, people usually
    – if not always – talk about the position and the momentum or
    analogous dimensionful quantities. That leads most people to
    either ignore the principle completely or think that it describes
    just some technicality about the accuracy of apparatuses.

    However, most people don't change their idea what the information
    is and how it behaves. They believe that there exists some sharp
    objective information, after all. Nevertheless, these ideas are
    incompatible with the uncertainty principle. Let me explain why
    the uncertainty principle applies to the truth, too."

    Please read the read at his website

--
Onward!

Stephen