On 11/12/2012 7:29 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Leibniz thought that everything needs a sufficient reason to
exist as it does. Thus all of the parts of the universe have
a sufficient reason to be (as they are).  I don't know how to
explain that by anything other than the the "God" hypothesis.
Dear Roger,

Yes, I understand all that. My point is that the God hypothesis is just a way to hide the infinite regress problem. I would like to find a solution to it. I see a quilt-work of theories as necessary, stitched together the way we stitch coordinate systems together to make manifolds in topology... I think that tying computation to resources gets us half-way to the solution. The other half is covered by the way that time and logical entailment work on Pratt's theory and the use of non-well founded sets. Gregg Zuckerman's theory of consciousness uses the latter nicely.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
11/12/2012

From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-10, 12:28:31
Subject: Re: Communicability

On 11/10/2012 6:01 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

There's no mystery. That's presumably how a machine packed
them during manufacture.
Hi Roger,

      The order of the crackers has a cause, some physical process lead
to the order. When we are considering ontological models and theories
and using ideas that depend on epistemological knowledge, it is easy to
fall into regress. I have found that regress can be controlled and there
is even a nice mathematical theory that uses regressive sets - sets that
have no least member and sets that have themselves as a member, but any
time that we claim a 'cut off' there has to be sufficient reasons for it.

er Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
11/10/2012