On Monday, November 19, 2012 4:37:44 PM UTC-5, Russell Standish wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 09:29:58AM -0800, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> >

> > What I am asking is why would the single multiverse be any less
> dependent
> > upon multiplicity to accomplish its infinities of preserved separations
> > than a single universe does? If a universe needs a multiverse to justify
> > superposition, then why doesn't a multiverse also need a meta-multiverse
> > keep track of all the possible ways of regulating the creation and
> > preservation of universes? How is infinite regress avoided?
> >
> There is no regress in the picture. Please reread my text (or my book)
> I have no clue as to why you are postulating one???? Can anyone else
> explain Craig's concerns?

I'm postulating infinite regress because the idea that universes are being
created and preserved implies an meta-universal support which also must be
made of some kind of information-theoretic functionality which would have
its own meta-quantum reasoning for existing. How does having many worlds
better explain the existence of any world or world-making condition? Mainly
it buries the problem under a mountain of infinities.