On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 02:45:43PM -0800, Craig Weinberg wrote:

> What I am asking is why does the idea of a multiverse help explain why any
> one universe exists in the first place.

This could be one of two different questions, both of which are
evrything-list 101:

1) Why a universe, given a multiverse. A universe is the internal (ie
1p) view of the multiverse.

2) Why a multiverse instead of a universe. The answer is the zero
information principle + Occams razor. Multiverses are actually much
simpler than universes.

I don't see that regressions, infinite or otherwise, have a role to
play in either question.