From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-02, 18:20:11
Subject: Re: Numbers in the Platonic Realm

On 11/2/2012 1:23 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> Are you familiar with Jaakko Hintikka's ideas? I am using his concept
>> of game theoretic semantics to derive truth valuations.
>
> I read this. yes. I don't see relevant at all.
> I do appreciate his linking of intention and intension, but it is a
> bit trivial in the comp theory.

Dear Bruno,

     Hintikka's idea is to show how truth values can be coherently
considered to be the result of a process and not necessarily just some a
priori valuation. This makes Truth an emergent valuation, just as I
content all definite properties are emergent from mutual agreements
between entities. Properties, in the absence of the possibility of
measurement or apprehension of some type, do not exist; they are what
the 1p project onto existence. Nothing more.

--
Onward!

Stephen